What are some factors that contribute to successful placement of homeless individuals?
Everyone deserves a decent home. Shelter is a fundamental human need.However, not every person gets to have a home. People without shelter face many challenges. For instance, they are often exposed to infectious diseases, bad weather, and unsafe environments. Besides, their predicament might compel them to take part in vices such as drug abuse or prostitution. Providing financial assistance, rehabilitation, and transitional housing are some of the solutions for homelessness. The following discourse highlights the factors that lead to successful placement of persons who are homeless.
Financial woes contribute to homelessness in a significant way. Hombs states that most homeless people are unable to meet social responsibilities such as paying rent.
Therefore, the best way of addressing the problem is making sure they gain financial stability through gainful employment. This can be achieved through job opportunities for those who are qualified. However, those without any vocational skills can be trained then offered jobs based on their qualifications and fields of interest. This would ensure that such persons become financially independent which would contribute to the success of their placement.
Rehabilitation or treatment of homeless people in anticipation of gainful employment improves their chances of a successful placement. Some homeless people are drug addicts or persons with medical conditions. Consequently, it is important for them to be rehabilitated or treated for a healthy lifestyle. This would be important if they are to lead a productive lifestyle which would ensure they meet their social responsibilities.
Housing is a fundamental human need. Homeless people lack shelter.
Consequently, one way of helping them is providing them with shelter. According to Bringle, providing temporary housings for such people as they settle down are a sure way of absorbing them into existing social welfare. Besides, the homeless can barely afford to pay rent. Therefore, providing them with shelter is one way of ensuring they live productive lives.
Everyone should have a place to call home. Homeless people face many challenges since they are vulnerable to social vices, diseases, and bad weather. Recommended solutions should ensure their successful placement. The factors that contribute to the success of placement programs are ensuring they become financially stable through gainful employment. Besides, those who are drug addicts have to be rehabilitated and the sick treated. Lastly, a decent housing should be provided during the transition period so that they get absorbed into existing social welfare with ease.
Essay writing guides
The guides, manuals and samples above have been prepared by our team of expert academic writers and editors.
Want to get an in-sight of what respected educational websites advise on college writing assignments? Check these portals.
We do not provide custom essay writing services, nor do we support these endeavor. However, our editorial team will be happy to help you edit or proofread your job for a fee. Alternatively, you can contact our essay writing partner Zessay.com for plagiarism-free academic writing assistance.
Contact our team
Feel free to get in touch with us with suggestions, tips and guest posts.
19 Great Argumentative Essay Topics On Homelessness
If you are struggling to come up with the topic about those who have no home consider these great suggestions below:
- One of the first great argumentative topics on homelessness is why some people choose to be homeless
- You can explore the high propensity of mental illness that exists among the homeless community in your area as one of the 19 great argumentative essay topics on homelessness
- Another one of the great argumentative essay topics on homelessness is how many people who are homeless had careers and families at one point in their life but it was certainly decisions that led them to this place.
- You can explore how psychiatric facilities were shut down by the government during the Nixon presidency and those who were part of the psychiatric facility were simply given prescription medications and left on the street, making up the vast majority of the homeless population found in America today.
- You can review the high propensity of drug use as a form of self-medication among the mentally ill population in America
- As one of the 19 great argumentative essay topics on homelessness you can explore the effectiveness of groups which visit homeless populations and distribute clothing or food.
- You can review the effectiveness of single apartment buildings sustained in large homeless populations
- You can review the social bonds that form between people who are homeless in a given community review how there is no proper housing establishment for single adults
- You can review the difficulty that low income single adults have when their paycheck from Social Security or medical payouts is only a few hundred dollars per month and there are no housing options for single adults that meet this amount of money.
- As one of the 19 great argumentative essay topics on homelessness you can focus on different policies instigated in Los Angeles, for example and how the police attempted to deal with minor issues under the auspices that alleviating minor criminal activity would naturally alleviate bigger crime but in reality arresting people for sitting on a crate or loitering on the street did nothing to effectively eliminate serious crime.
- You can focus on how gentrification worsens housing problems among the homeless.
- Review how converting buildings into condominiums makes them no longer affordable and forces the people on the street.
- You can review different political activist groups which currently monitor the behavior of police toward homeless populations
- You can explore the use of section 8 housing
- Review the impact of religion
- Review the unsanitary conditions homelessness creates
- Review assaults and crime among homelessness