For an Administrative Assistant cover letter, clarity is key. A clear, well-structured cover letter plays an important role in showcasing your ability to handle the rigors of a busy office. To ensure you succeed at illustrating your skills effectively, there are various methods to make a cover letter stand out amongst the competition. The following sample was created with our easy-to-use cover letter builder.
Table of Contents
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter (Image)
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter (Text Format)
- Four Tips for Writing Your Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
1. Administrative Assistant Cover Letter (Image)
The following images show an administrative assistant cover letter, and its matching resume from the same applicant. Although the following example outlines someone with five years of relevant experience, it can still be used as a template by anyone interested in applying for an Administrative Assistant position.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Want to check out cover letters from other industries? Our database of cover letter examples is a great free resource to explore.
2. Administrative Assistant Cover Letter (Text Format)
[Hiring Manager’s Name]
341 Company Address
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
After discovering your advertisement in the Wichita Eagle yesterday, I was immediately intrigued by the opportunity to work at [Target Company] as an Administrative Assistant. My five years of relevant experience combined with my friendly demeanor and attention to detail make me an ideal candidate for this position.
Administrative work is foundational to a company, and I relish the opportunity to play such a critical role in the office. At BFD Associates based in Chicago, I worked as the Receptionist for one year, where I quickly became a vital part of the team. During my first six months I boosted the company’s mailing capabilities by 8% using new, simplified digital formatting for invoices. As the Office Manager at Micro Communications, I implemented office management software that reduced labor costs by 5% in 2014.
[Target Company] has been on my radar for years now because I simply love its products and find its positive public image refreshing. I am aware that [Target Company] seeks to increase its reach into out-of-state markets, particularly in Colorado and Oklahoma. I grew up in the Denver metropolitan area, and believe my intimate knowledge of the culture there could be effectively wielded to the benefit of [Target Company].
I’d love to have a face-to-face interview if possible. The opportunity to work for [Target Company] is an exciting prospect, and I’d love to play a role in the maintenance and expansion of the company. I am available for an interview at anytime, please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
3. Four Tips for Writing Your Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
1. First impressions matter! Sending in a messy cover letter filled with spelling errors is a good way to not get interviewed. An Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining order in a crazy world. Show your potential employer what you can do.
Before writing your cover letter, make sure you are familiar with the company.
2. The proof is in the pudding. Prove that you are organized, detail-oriented and responsible with examples of your past accomplishments. Don’t stuff your writing with buzzwords that lack content.
3. Let your personality shine throughout your writing. Although it is important to maintain professionalism while composing a cover letter, remember that an Administrative Assistant plays a crucial role as a key channel of communication between clients and the company. Fundamental social skills are a must.
4. Do your homework! Before writing your cover letter, make sure you are familiar with the company. What are its products and future goals? How could you fit into their work culture? Wield this knowledge to your advantage.
Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.